Within those languages I’m familiar with a number of frameworks, most extensively Django and to some extent Flask. I’ve also worked with Bootstrap, jQuery, Backbone, Marionette, WordPress, Zend Framework, and CodeIgniter in the past.
Other tools I consider vital to my workflow include Vim, Git, macOS, Linux, and Docker.
My non-Python technical interests currently converge around Elixir, Erlang, and Elm.
Senior Engineer at SimpleLegal [6/15–7/17]
- Implemented multiple complex modules within SimpleLegal’s Django apps:
- Approval Workflow: Intake rule management system which allows the user to create complex rules that determine how incoming data is handled — specifically to whom it’s assigned.
- Matter Status: Framework for assigning statuses to matters and thus affecting matter behavior throughout the site.
- simpleGPG: AWS Lambda function used as an internal microservice to encrypt/decrypt data via GNUPG.
- Budgets: Comprehensive module for creation and management of budgets based on a variety of attributes across a multitude of objects.
- LEDES validation framework: Library of utility functions for validation of LEDES files.
- Made numerous small changes to backend and frontend portions of the sites, as well as their infrastructure.
- Implemented easily repeatable development environments, initially with Vagrant and Salt, and afterwards using Docker.
- Merged four distinct repositories making up two applications into one monorepo, rewriting history to change file paths and developing a new deployment script in the process.
- Participated in code reviews both as a reviewer and reviewee.
- Interviewed a number of engineering job candidates.
Software Developer at BLITZ Digital Studios [6/13–5/15]
- Tech lead on multiple projects of varying scopes.
- Designed and/or implemented website features including data models, mobile detection, deployment scripts, development environment setups, and others.
- Provided ongoing maintenance and support for various projects, some for over a year.
Frontend Engineer at Triptrotting [4/12–11/12]
- Re-architected the frontend (markup and style) for all of Triptrotting.
- Strategized with the entire team about the direction of the company, product features, development schedule, etc.
- Used Flask, SQLAlchemy, github3.py, and AWS SES to build the backend, sending users periodic reminders of their starred GitHub projects.
- Used Django, Stripe API, and Twilio API to build the backend, taking payment from the sender and sending adorable otter pictures and puns to the recipient.
- Small static site dedicated to my favorite PEP.
- Environment variable parsing library, focused on providing a minimal API.
- Simple Git hook framework, consisting of one small shell script and a naming convention that drives its functionality.
- Vim plugin for opening GitHub’s issue and PR templates in a buffer.
- Vim plugin for sorting Python imports.
- California State University, Los Angeles
- B.A. Art—Graphic Design/Visual Communication 2011
- University of California, San Diego
- Computer Science and Engineering (coursework)
- Fluent in English, Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian
- Familiar with Spanish, German, Latin