Hi! 👋 I’m now looking for my next role,
and you can read more about that here
What is this?
- We adopted a new cat. He’s great.
- I stopped motorcycling and sold my bike.
- Katie’s health isn’t great.
- Got laid off from Instil.
- Finding some time and energy for software projects.
- Getting a little into photography, very tentatively.
- Kind of a downer of an update, but sometimes that’s reality.
- Nearing the first wedding anniversary with Katie—time flies!
- We lost one of the cats, and miss her every day.
- Settled on self-hosting my own sites but not services. It’s just too time consuming otherwise.
- Shifted roles from individual contributor engineer to squad lead at Instil. It’s been a wild ride so far, learning a new type of role for the first time in my career.
- Feeling like 2023 ought to be the year of health. Treating my sleep apnea and foot issues, cooking to eat healthier, and actually rebuilding that cycling habit—solid start.
- Got married (again) a few months ago, to a lovely lady. <3
- Co-parenting a zoo—three cats + two dogs.
- Getting back into self-hosting, both externally facing websites and personally used services.
- Started a newsletter.
- Trying to rebuild the cycling habit.
- Also trying to rebuild the reading habit.
- Still working at Instil.